Login Information will be in the order confirmation email. Presentation Handout will be emailed 1 week before the class. Please select the “Education – No Shipping Charged” option so you are not charged shipping if only purchasing online courses.
Donation Based “Intro to Fly Fishing” Online class is gender-inclusive and open to everyone. NOTE: This class is during the week and in the evening to accommodate all work schedules.
The “Intro to Fly Fishing” online class hosted by United Women on the Fly is geared towards someone who has never picked up a fly rod or has minimal amount of experience. The intro class is an overview of the basics for getting into the sport of fly fishing.
The class will be an interactive Zoom Class. The Zoom meeting registration link will be emailed to you in the order confirmation. Class time is approximately 2 hours. We’ll have a 30 minute Q&A at the end of the class. No equipment needed.
Date – Monday 1/31/22
Time – 4:30pm – 6:30pm PST
Cost – FREE – Donations Gladly Accepted. All donations will go to the direct cost of running/hosting the UWOTF Community.
Location – Online Zoom Class
Instructor – Heather Hodson
Email Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Covers –
- Why Fly-Fishing
- Fly Rod and Reel Breakdown
- Fly Line Basics
- Leader and Tippet Talk
- Putting it All Together
- Basic Knot Overview
- Types of Flies (Dry, Subsurface and Streamers)
- Fly Fishing Technique Overview
- Intro to Fly Casting
- What Equipment is Needed When Fly Fishing?
- Fish Anatomy and Physiology
- What’s Next After the Intro Class
- Q&A Session
You’ll Receive –
- “Intro to Fly Fishing” Online Course Recording Link and Password
- “Intro to Fly Fishing” Classroom Handouts
- 1.5hrs of Classroom Instruction
- Weekly Education Emails from Fly Fish Instruct
- Education Discounts