“Fly Fishing 201” class is gender-inclusive and open to everyone.
The “Fly Fishing 201” Online Class hosted by United Women on the Fly is geared towards the advanced beginner/intermediate fly angler who has been fly fishing for awhile and is ready for the next step?
We acknowledge the many barriers to fly fishing. Scholarships are available. Please send an email to us at [email protected].
The class will be an interactive Zoom Class. The Zoom meeting registration link will be emailed to you in the order confirmation. Class time is approximately 3 hours. We’ll have a 30 minute Q&A at the end of the class. No equipment required.
Class Covers –
- Leader and Tippet Review
- Breakdown of Monofilament and Fluorocarbon
- Knots Overview
- Dry, Drop-Dropper, Wet Fly and Streamer Set-Up Diagrams and Discussion
- Several Nymph Set-Up Diagrams with Several Options for your Adding a Dropper Fly
- Fishing Techniques – Amphitheater Casting
- Fishing to Selective Trout
- Reading Water and Where to Fish in a River
- Choosing the Right Fly
- Entomology Basics
- Fly Casting Principles and Terminology
- Fly Casting Drills to Practice
** Several Videos will be shown for the visual learner and you’ll receive a comprehensive hand-out. This class is jammed packed with incredible information and will make you a more versatile angler. ** Please be sure to have have all of your programs closed on your device to ensure the best video quality.
You’ll Receive –
- Classroom Handouts
- 2.5hrs of Classroom Instruction with 30 Minute Q&A Session
- Live Online Q&A Sessions Throughout the Year
Email Contact – [email protected]
Cost – $25.00 – No Refunds, 1 Class Reschedule Allowed
Refund: 1 Class Reschedule Allowed
Location: Online Zoom Class
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm PST
Equipment: No equipment required.
Instructor: Heather Hodson
Heather has dedicated her time to educate and inspire others. Heather is currently studying for her Casting Instructor Certification with Fly Fishers International and has been teaching Fly Fishing since 2014. Heather has been mentored by some of the best anglers and fly casters in the world. This allows Heather to pass on the knowledge she’s learned to her students. With nearly 130+ days (pre-covid) on the water each year and fishing around the world, Heather continues to invest into herself to mentor anglers to be confident and competent on the water