"Independent Angler" Workshop
The Independent Angler workshop will give you the knowledge to continue your fly fishing journey. We want you to leave feeling more confident and competent on the water. This course is geared towards the beginner to the intermediate angler. You will have access to the online “Fly Fishing 101” and “Reading Trout Water” course to review before the weekend. Experience is not required. Equipment can be borrowed if needed.
There are guides available for Saturday afternoon to further your education with on-water instruction with Headwaters Outfitters. Call them at (828) 877-3106 to reserve your guide.
Headwaters Outfitters, 25 Parkway Rd, Rosman, NC 28772
Saturday, May 13th, 2023
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
$250.00 Per Person. 8 Students Max.
Payment & REfunds
Payment in full is due at the time of registration. All payments have a seven-day cancellation policy, from the date of registration, for a full refund minus a small Eventbrite processing fee. After seven days, all payments are forfeited, unless a replacement participant is found.
Course curriculum being provided by Fly Fish Instruct.
- Leader and Tippet Talk
- Basic Fly Fishing Knots and Leader Set-Ups
- Fly Types
- Leader Set-Ups
- Casting Drills
- Mending Demonstrations
- ABCs of Fly Fishing
- How to Approach the Water
- Searching vs Targeting
- Intro to Reading Water
- How to Choose the Correct Fly
- Intro to Entomology and Match the Hatch
- 4hr “Independent Angler” Workshop
- Instruction from Experienced Women Anglers
- Online Access to “Fly Fishing 101” and “Reading Trout Water” Courses
- “Independent Angler” Manual by Heather Hodson
What's Not Included?
- Travel to and from Rosman NC
- Guided Fishing Available through Headwaters Outfitters for Saturday Afternoon.
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Available to Borrow if Needed
- North Carolina Fishing License (Not Required for Workshop)
Rosman/Brevard NC is located in Transylvania County and surrounded by the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Nearest airports are Asheville NC 1hr, Greenville SC 1.5hrs, Charlotte NC 2.5hrs and Atlanta 3.5hrs.
In an effort to make this weekend affordable to all, we are offering an Inexpensive camping option to all participants.
If you’d rather not camp, then there are several other lodging options. We recommend staying in the Rosman or Brevard NC Area. Need help with lodging? CLICK HERE.